The Analysis mode is a new View Option. In this mode you can click any node, and then see the relationships of it to every other node. We show a scatter plot on each other node with the r^2 value of a linear regression.
We've found that this mode typically takes people a few minutes to really comprehend, but once they do they often find it extremely valuable. Some of the many uses include:
- Get a quick idea of which inputs are the most impactful.
- Discover which value of an input would minimize or maximize an output.
- Locate the x-intercept of an input in an expected value calculation, to find what value the input would need to be for the decision to be net positive.
- Double check that every relationship in a complex model is what you expect. If it's not, there may well be an error in your model.
We've just released a blog post that further explains this feature here.
Multiple Select, with Copy / Paste / Cut.
Use shift & click, or drag from an empty cell to select multiple nodes. Then you can copy, cut, and paste. It works similar to other spreadsheet tools, and definitely makes larger models easier to manage.
Visual Error Notifications
If you're like me, you make mistakes. Some of those mistakes may involve broken cells that cause lots of other broken cells in complex dependency trees that are tough to backtrack. Now we make this debugging easier by showing the root causes in dark red, and cells with broken dependencies in light red. Red arrows also help trace the problem to its source.
Screenshots for Public Models
Our models and user pages now feature small screenshots of public models, so you can get a sense of what each one is before opening it.
- You can use the syntax "5 of 10" to indicate that you expect something to happen approximately 5 out of 10 times.
- You can use the syntax "5 to 10" as a replacement for [5,10]. This is going to be the encouraged syntax for new users going forward.
- The text field for function nodes expands to cover as many lines as needed for it, important for very long functions.
- Lots of additional UI improvements and bug fixes.